Thursday, October 31, 2013

Make a Joyful Noise



Happy Halloween!  I do not have a Halloween card to show you today--but I do have a wonderful card to share.

Today is the last day of the month and I am here to show you to my Crafters of Faith card! The Crafters of Faith blogging group is a joyous blending of Christian friends ~ joined together to fellowship, share our faith, build friendships and craft together!   

Liz is our hostess for this month--and she gave us this challenge:
The scripture for my challenge is: "But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good, salvation comes from the Lord." Jonah 2:9I love music and a "song of thanksgiving" surely pleases the Lord. Never does He speak that the songs of our hearts need to be perfectly performed to be a joyful sound to Him. So, think of some ways you can make a joyful sound to the Lord your God. The challenge this month will be to use a musical instrument image, musical score paper, musical note brads, etc. Whatever you have in your stash that is of the musical nature!  Liz


I have a few musical stamps--but I used a very special one for this challenge.  I received an awesome stamp set from our dear leader Kelly and just had to ink it up for this challenge.  I love the saxophone image and Kelly even remembered that I mentioned one time on SCS that I played sax in grade and high school.  I also think the sentiments are perfect! 
Here is the additional sentiment on the inside of the card



Image/Sentiment—TPC Studio Music
CardstockStampin' Up Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Baked Brown Sugar and Strawberry Slush; The Paper Studio Textured Cream Sheet Music Patterned Paper

Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Baked Brown Sugar

Accessories—Treble Clef Brad; Nesties Long Rectangle-Scallops; Spellbinders Bossibilities Music Embossing Folder; SU Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffle Ribbon

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you do check out the other October creations from the wonderful ladies in the Crafters of Faith group! The blog list is on the left side--please check out all of the cards.



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is lovely! Such a detailed sax. WOW! And I love Love LOVE the quote inside your card.

I'm glad we're both in the Crafters of Faith blog group!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, that is the perfect sentiment for this wonderful musical creation. Love the use of the score paper too. I liked you worked in a little pink for Breast cancer awareness!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Fun! And a gifted stamp to boot! I see that you have a musical BRAD - why am I not surprised?! It looks perfect with your layout.

I played a plastic flute with all of my musical talent - yeah the one that was required for everyone to play - it was nice to drive my parents nuts with though! It was a long two weeks for them. ;)

Great card!

Carol W said...

This is such a great card Barb...I love your layout and the sax you used. I love the sentiment as well it is sooooo true...Great job my friend...♥

Darlene said...

A perfect card for the challenge this month! That is one great Sax image, so life-like! That's pretty cool music paper by The Paper Studio. I agree with you, the inside sentiment is really great. Nicely done.