Saturday, August 9, 2014

Carriers of Faith



I am back with another Carriers of Faith challenge.  April is our hostess this month and she gave us this wonderful theme:

Since we post the day after my wedding anniversary, I would like everyone to make a project based on one of the scriptures read at my wedding:
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.your card doesn't need to be based on a spousal love, and as such, I would love to hear a story of one of your loves!


My card uses one of my favorite stamps that can be used for many occasions--wedding, thinking of you, Valentine's Day or in this case, Love!  I think this sentiment by Helen Keller expresses everything that love really is!


Here is the inside of my card:

 

Image/Sentiment—Northwoods Rubber Stamp

Cardstock/Patterned Paper—Gina K White; Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush; Pebbles Garden Party Azalea/Daffodil Patterned Paper

Ink--SU Strawberry Slush

Accessories--SU Strawberry Slush Ruffle Ribbon; Buttons

Please check out the blogs of all of the Carriers of Faith.  I am sure you will enjoy all the wonderful creations!  All of the blogs are listed on my right sidebar. Thanks for joining us this month.




6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is such a pretty card. I love the quote and the color scheme of the card is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your lovey project! I love the way you decorated the inside Barb! Those details make such a big difference.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great sentiment- great for an all around 'love' themed card! The decorating on the inside is so nice- gotta start doing that!

MiamiKel said...

Barb this is just splendid - such a wonderful sentiment and a nice take on the challenge! I can't think of anyone more positive and loving than HK ;) Thank you for the beautiful twine you sent as a prezzie - it graced my card today as you might have seen, it was perfect!

Blessings!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Barb - love that sentiment, and the way you have displayed it is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Zella said...

What a lovely quote from an amazing lady!! Great color choice too....and of course - wouldn't be a "Barb" card without the perfect papers! :)