Friday, October 31, 2014

SOTC Favorite and Fabulous



Happy Halloween!  I do not have a Halloween card,
but a very special card for you today...................

This is my card for our every other month swap for an awesome group of ladies on SCS--the SOTC--Sisters of the Traveling Cards!  Jeanette is our hostess for October and she posted the following:

First, let me tell you with all sincerity, you are some of my favorite people! I want to thank you – my dear Sistahs – for being the fabulous group of women that you are! You are my inspiration in so many ways, but here are just two of the ways…

• Your talent, of course, is unsurpassed. I literally get goose bumps when I see the cards you make! You inspire me creatively. • The way you love me and one another – unconditionally! You inspire me to be a better person, more loving and kind.  I am truly honored to be part of this group!!!

My theme for September/October is inspired by those very thoughts. The theme---Favorite and Fabulous!

Let me explain:
--Favorite = Use one/s of your favorite things on your card. It might be your favorite stamp/image, your favorite embellishment, your favorite color, or any other “favorite” that you choose.
--Fabulous = I know we always use at least two layers and one embellishment, but for this time I want you to do something a little extra to make your cards fabulous. It might be simply adding another layer to your card, using a handmade embellishment, creating your own designerpaper,using a unique fold, or any other “fabulous” feature you choose.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with! I hope you’ll have a lot of FUN creating!


I love making gate-fold cards and I recently used this Stardream blue shimmer cardstock on another card.  I just love it, so I wanted to highlight it and did not cover any of it up with patterned paper.  If you also visit my blog often, you know I love these Paper Inspirations Sentiments--and use them often. I think this card can be used for many occasions.

 
Here is my card as it is opened--the button holds the flap in place.




Image/Sentiment:  Paper Inspirations Celebrate Calligraphy 

Cardstock:  Gina K White, Black, All Spruced Up; Stardream Blue Shimmer


Ink:  SU Handsome Hunter


Accessories—SU Black Button with Blue Twine; Black Brad




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my! OH MY! This card arrived in my mailbox today! And it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the shimmer... and the fold. And that saying! WOW!!!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely elegant! I love the vibrant of the blue and that sentiment - ohhhh beautiful ♥