Friday, November 28, 2014

The Calendar Girls Shop!


It is the 28th of the month, so I am here to welcome you to another round with the Calendar Girls! We are now well in our fourth year of posting and it has been a blast.  Wonderful Challenges--Great Fun--Sweet Creations--and Awesome Friendships!

Who are the Calendar Girls? We are a group of bloggers who want to have a place where friendships blossom, creativity abounds, and encouragement prevails! In keeping with that dream, this blog group has been created so we will have a place to interact and enjoy being fellow bloggers.  


Jeanette has been gone much of the month of November, so I tossed out an idea if we need a challenge theme for the month.  Jeanette then added some additional information when she came home and we now have a combo theme:

Barb’s IdeaIf we need a theme--can I toss this out? How about Shopping? The 28th is Black Friday--we can make a card about anything dealing with shopping--stamps, shoes, presents, dining, crowds, etc. Just a thought if there is nothing planned.

Jeanette’s Thoughts
Now, that is NOT to say we are to actually buy anything for our November CG project. Instead, we'll create cards (or whatever) that have a shopping type of theme. Tee Hee! I'm seeing all kinds of possibilities - including cards that would hold gift-cards for gift-giving, images of shopping-bag laden women, gifts under a Christmas tree, etc. This is going to be fun!

I have a few stamps related to shopping, so I thought that would be a perfect theme for Black Friday!  I also had some cute designer paper with designer purses in my stash--Bingo!  I am sure this sentiment will be shared often today!



 
Here is the inside of my card with another shopping sentiment!



 
I hope the other Calendar Girls like my card!  AND--they enjoyed a challenge or choice of challenges this month !

Image/Sentiment:  Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps-Busy Shopping; Inside of card Inky Antics-Credit Card and Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps-Shopping Bag

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Black, Blue Bijou; Gina K White, Red Hot; Imaginisce Purses

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  White and Black Glitter Brads; Black Button with White Floss



Please check out the blogs of all of the Calendar Girls—there are 10 of us.  I am sure you will enjoy all the wonderful creations!  All of the blogs are listed on my left sidebar. Thanks for joining us this month.



7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Barb, you have the most awesome DP!!! I love this card!

Kristie W. said...

Perfect card for the theme!! I love the sentiments and that paper is awesome!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How perfect- the Black Friday theme is just awesome. The Dp you used is amazing!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your card Barb - that paper is perfect!! The inside sentiment is awesome - gave me a great giggle!
Blessings
Maxine

kel Acopan said...

love it!! where do you even find such fun paper?!?

lovies, =o) kel

MiamiKel said...

WOw, great classic and simple style to this challenge! I like your approach :) What wonderful paper to match - out of the park, Barb! ♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

So stinkin' cute! That is the perfect DP.