Friday, August 28, 2015

Back to School



This is a card I made for our monthly mystery image group on SCS--The Girls of the Baker's Dozen.  Roxie is our August hostess and she sent us a variety of cute school days images.  She challenged us to make a Back to School Card.

I was a teacher for 33+ years, retiring in 2009.  I mainly in the high school, with 30 years at Waterford Union High School.   But, my first job was in a small K-12 school, where I taught for more than three years and taught Physical Education to all of those levels.  I sure had to put on different "hats" often as I might have a class of 2nd graders, followed by a class of Junior and Senior girls!  The public schools in Wisconsin start classes on September 1st, and most teachers are in their schools today for in-service.  Do I miss it?  Not One Bit!

I thought his CC Design girl was so darn cute--and Roxie sent some sweet papers and washi tape in bright, primary colors.  I added a couple of blue and yellow brads on the star paper, though they are a bit hard to see.



Here is the inside of my card:




This was a fun kit and I know the next kit from Suzy will be a fun one too!



Image/Sentiment:  CC Designs--Swiss Pixie-Apple Emma

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Yo Yo Yellow;  Doodlebug Back to School Patterned Papers


Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black


Accessories:  
Copic Markers; Apple Washi Tape; Blue & Yellow Brads





5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Barb - and great to learn a wee bit more about you :-)
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

.....Guess who! I am looking at the cutest card here. I love the primary colors. Reminds me I need to make my favorite 10 year old a card for school. Thanks, for the reminder!

Margaret said...

Great job on the challenge. Such a cute card. I envy your retirement. Hopefully I only have 2 more years of working.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun- love the sweet image. My daughter teaches 9th graders- History is not as fun as PE for the kids, but hope it goes well. Fun to hear more about you too.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet card. You did such a fabulous job with the kit!