Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dueling Darlings go to the Dogs!

If you are looking for my {PIN}Spirational Challenge or TCCCB Post , please scroll down. It is another three post day!



It is the 15th of the month and that means we get to show off a new Dueling Darlings challenge. For the March Challenge, Shelly and Carol are the Darlings who decided on the theme.  Shelly is a Darling and Carol is a Diva, my team!


The theme or challenge they picked is "For the Dogs".  This is what Carol wrote for the Divas:  This month rather than going with the traditional St Patrick's Day holiday/theme, we searched the weird holidays for March. On the 10-13 it is Crufts--the worlds largest dog show and on the 23rd is National Puppy day.....thus leading for the theme "for the dogs". I hope you are liking your kits....as an extra bonus question....if you would like to share. Did you have a pet growing up...if so what kind and name.





Here is the inside of my card:





I did have a few dogs growing up as we lived on a farm. We typically had collies and I still love them today.  We do not have any dogs now, but we do dog sit for a couple of friends a few times a year--and love it!  I am also on the Humane Society Board and spend time with many shelter animals. 

I hope Carol and the other Darlings enjoy my card.


Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Good News Puppy

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight; Jillibean Soup Fido Fun Patterned Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Markers; Blue Satin Ribbon; Puffy Paws and Glitter Dog Bones Embellishments; Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen Clear--on dog's nose

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. Be sure to check them out as there are new members listed!  At this time, Suzy, who is a Diva, and Terry A, who is a Dazzler, do not have a blog.  You will be able to check our their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!





8 comments:

MiamiKel said...

What a darling card, Barb! I love all your perfectly straight layers and that pop of yellow as a cardstock color - it really pulls from the patterned papers and makes it pop! I am smiling that you used the WS image, SO VERY YOU! This card is paw-sitively fabulous!
Blessed to be in your pack in the DDD *smile!*

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is sweetness rolled up in a slobbery newspaper brought in by the four-legged helper. Love it! Such a cute image, of course, since it's a WS image... and the way you showed off that amazing DP Carol sent along. WOW!

Loved hearing about your childhood pets.

THANK YOU for being such a faithful member of the Dueling Darlings!

Judy McMullen said...

Barb, what an outstanding and creative card celebrating dogs! Love the papers you chose to highlight this adorable puppy image!! Bright, fun and so, so cute both inside and out!! Great job!!!

Carol W said...

Wow Barb, I love your card. I love the layout you chose...your coloring and the way you used the kit. Great use of the paws on the inside....I was wondering which WS image you would chose (I guessed this one...lol) In afterthought I should have sent a newspaper print DSP for this cutie....I love how the ribbon accented the paper on the layer behind it as well. Loved hearing about your childhood pets as well...Great job my friend.....mwahhh!!!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous image Barb and I love how you have coloured and mounted him - and that perfect paper in the background!! I quite like collies, but am basically a cat person :-)
Blessings
Maxine

kadie said...

Your card turned out SO CUTE, Barb! I love the image you chose and how you incorporated the stickers/brads. Glad you guys get to house-sit occasionally to get your fix! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet is this card- the image is just adorable! Another DD that grew up on a farm- my Mom grew up on a farm and we thought it was so magical....minus the chores she had to do! Love the decorated insides on your card as well!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a cute card! I just love the little heart grass. The colors are great together.