Wednesday, July 6, 2016

By The Tide



This is my card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS.  Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using a Stampin' Up set that we believe follows that thought. This is our eighth month and the theme was "Life's a Beach".  So--last month I did not use a SU set and Terry was nice enough to say that is OK.  She now has edited the "rules" to say we can use another company if we want.  Well--this month, I am not sure my card follows the theme-but Terry said "fish live in the ocean, the ocean is at the beach, it is all good!  I had visions of fish "on" the beach and it was not a pretty sight or odor........................

I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too!  I cannot wait to see what our theme is for August and that will post on the 10th.  AND--I promise to follow directions this time!

I need to give credit to this card to my demo Sarah--of Stinkin' Cute Cards--her blog link is here.  This card is from a card kit I bought awhile ago and I loved the card she designed!  I made a few minor changes, but this is Sarah's Creation!

I also got to use one of my new recent purchases.  I placed an order a few weeks ago with Dies by Dave and received the set Tide.  It makes the fussy cutting of the fish so much easier.  I also got the set that matches Lovely as a Tree and I am excited to use that one too!  I can see another order in the future as Dave said he is adding some new dies the end of this month...............


Here is the inside of my card:




Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up By the Tide

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Parker's Pattern Designer Series Paper Pack

Ink: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler


Accessories:  SU Round Punches, Apothecary Accent Framelits; Blue mini brads



4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Barb = love your stamped background and the wonderful fish in front of the panel and tags. Like the sound of the dies to go with Lovely as a Tree....
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is outstanding! A great manly card... those are difficult to do, in my opinion. But you've done it amazingly well!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your beach fish! And, the cute sketch you used. I keep planning on stamping and scanning my images so I can cut them in the Silhouette- then I do not need the dies. The themed card making is a great idea too- to see everyones interpretation of the theme!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The colors you used are great. The layout is dynamite!!!