Friday, July 15, 2016

Christmas in July Duel




It is the 15th of the month and that means we get to show off a new Dueling Darlings challenge. For the July Challenge, our leaders and founders--I hope that does not make them sound old................. Jeanette and Kelly, decided on the theme.  Jeanette is the leader of the Darlings and Kelly is a Diva, my team!

This the information Kelly sent us for this month's challenge:  The theme for your card kit this month is: Christmas in July! Jeanette and I decided not to go with a religious Christmas, and instead, we are going traditional. For the Divas, I've given it an extra spin and I'm calling it Whimsical Christmas in July!
Every year growing up, my brother and I would wait for the Charlie Brown specials to come on.  From the Great Pumpkin to the Charlie Brown Christmas, we'd be glued to the TV. I was lucky to get a few Snoopy stamps before they retired including this Snoopy's Christmas Doghouse, so I chose the papers, embellishments to go around Snoopy and his colorful doghouse Christmas lights.



I added some clear Wink of Stella Glitter on Snoopy's nose and on the lights to give them some sparkle.  I added some clear and white Wink of Stella on the snow below the doghouse too.



Kelly also added the following--please share in your post: what is the first thing you do each year to get in the Christmas spirit?  

I start decorating the Sunday after Thanksgiving as we have had a cocktail party the first Saturday in December the last dozen years or so.  The boxes and bins of decorations and ornaments, along with the 15 or so artificial trees (2-9 feet tall--but only one is over 4 feet..............) come down from the storage area over the garage.  For a week, there are boxes and bins and bags and trees everywhere!  I also put Christmas music on, playing all of the older CD's that I have had for years--Anne Murray, Barbra Streisand, Garth Brooks, The Judds, Bing and Frank, along with others!



Here is the inside of my card:


I hope Kelly and the other Darlings enjoy my card.


Image/Sentiment: Stampendous--Snoopy's Dog House/The Alley Way Stamps-Jolly Holiday

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections White; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Melon Mambo; Crate Paper Snow Drop Patterned Paper;

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Markers; Gems;  SU Old Olive 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Circle Punches; Button with Baker's Twine; Wink of Stella-clear and white glitter pens

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. Be sure to check them out as there are new members listed!  At this time, Suzy, who is a Diva, and Terry A, who is a Dazzler, do not have a blog.  You will be able to check our their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!





8 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Think alike much?! {laughing} I like your card!!! I am impressed with your tree count and dedication. I think it is awesome that you have such fun traditions.

Carol W said...

Oh Barb, I love your card. The colors you chose for your house are awesome and the layout really showcases the image. The dsp is also a great choice to make your image stand out. I love the little jingle in the corner on the front of the card. It is just perfect there. It pulls everything together is a great way. I would love to see your home decorated at christmas time it is beautiful when it isn't dolled up for Christmas. Great job on this challenge. So glad we are duelers and friends.....

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this fun card : ) Snoopy has always brought the Christmas Spirit to us with the TV special! Great coloring and love the embellishments. That is alot of trees- and the cocktail party is a great way to get the Christmas Spirit in gear!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Barb - love the WoS that really brings to life the lights and snow.
Blessings
Maxine

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Such a cute card Barb -

Love how you incorporated the sentiment into the front of the card. :) I couldn't make mine work!

Tracie said...

Love your card Barb. The snoopy image is adorable.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is just way too adorable for words. I love the sparkle... the great placement of the "Jingle" and the way you used that gorgeous DP! Perfect!!!

I also think it's great the way you bring in the Christmas spirit with all those boxes/bags of decorations. ;)

~Paola~ said...

Beautiful card Barb, as always...Love the Snoopy image and how you colored and layered it...I especially liked reading about your tradition,it is obvious that it sparkles good memories ♥
Just a wee reminder: my blog has been out of 'commission' for a while, therefore I will only be posting in my SCS Gallery as well. :)