Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Graduation Mortar Board



This is my card for our every other month swap for a group of ladies on SCS--the SOTC--Sisters of the Traveling Cards!  Pam is our hostess for August and she posted the following: Getting Ready for Gifting!

Invariably I need a card to hold a gift card or even cash for someone special AND we are almost halfway to Christmas! EEK! Please make a card that has an enclosure/pocket/flap to hold a gift card or cash. It can be any theme - birthday, wedding, thank you or even Christmas! 
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.



I went with a Graduation Card, shaped like a Mortar Board! We made one similar to this, using the same fold and some other stamps, at a card class earlier this year.  I thought I was darn cute!  A bit putzy, but I really like it!

Here is the inside, opened up to the first panel.




Here is the top envie, with a place to put some cash.




Here is the entire card opened:





I hope Pam and the others in our sisterhood like my card!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up BYOP; PSX Congratulations Graduate

Cardstock:  Recollections White; SU Basic Black, Summer Starfruit; Echo Park Paper Grad-Cap & Gown Patterned Paper


Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black


Accessories:  SU Circle Punches, Gold Brad, Summer Starfruit 3/8 Stitched Satin Ribbon-frayed for the tassel, Numbers Framelits




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Great card Barb... and you are ready for the next graduation season!

kiwimeskreations said...

love the drama of the black and white Barb, and the fabulous fold!
Blessings
Maxine