Sunday, May 7, 2017

Comfort is a Latte



It is the 7th, so that means a Crafters of Faith post is due today.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS. This is our 5th month and Sue gave us this challenge:   My favorite verse is:  "Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God." Psalm 90:2.

Whenever I feel like I can't make it through a tough time, I remind myself that whatever problem I'm facing is so teensy-tiny in the big scheme of things. God always was, He is, and He always will be...long before I was on this earth and long after I am gone. All I have to do is be still and let Him take care of things. Thoughts of His constancy comforts my soul, even in the most troubled times.

Comfort is the key word for May. Make a card of something that brings you comfort. It can be a bowl of chicken soup, a fuzzy pet, reading a good book or spending time with a special person.


Comfort?  There are many things that give me comfort or make me feel comfortable.  I decided that similar to last month, the outdoors give me comfort. So--this card shows off a new stamp set that I got a few weeks ago at the stamp show from a new company to me, The Stamps of Life.  Many of their sets have matching dies and I even signed up for a monthly kit that will be send to me.  Back to comfort....... I love coffee and latte's as I have an almond milk latte every morning at home, along with a couple of cups of favored coffee.  And--one of the best things about our green house is to go out on a Saturday morning during the winter when the sun is shining  and have our morning coffee and read the newspaper--comfort and very comfortable! 


Here is the inside of my card:



I hope Kelly and Sue along the others like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!


Image/Sentiment:  The Stamps of Life Coffee 4 Two Stamp Set


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake; Moxie Perfect Blend-Coffee Addict Patterned Paper


Ink:  Stampin' Up Early Espresso

Accessories:  SU Early Espresso 3/8" Quilted Ribbon, Black Candy Dots and Matching Brads, Ivory Doily; Red heart brad inside



2 comments:

Liz Williams said...

I love your card and how fun to get to use and play with new tools and stamps.
I find comfort in just finding that quiet time in the morning with a favorite warm beverage too. "Be still and know that I am God." A wonderful way to take a little time to reflect on life and the blessings God gives us.-

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so fun... love that stamp set (in fact, I own tat stamp set)... and your designer paper and all the elements of your card add so much. Great card!