Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Gift of Music


Here is my November Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS. This is our 11th month and Jody gave us this challenge:    I originally chose November because I wanted to celebrate Gratitude or Thanksgiving, as I was searching through the scriptures for verses for those words, I came across the following scripture:
"Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving" - Psalms 147:7

…this verse spoke to me, as music and giving thanks to the Lord through song has always been an important part of my worship and study. One year I took our hymn book and studied the scriptures that went with each hymn, it was a wonderful new way to study and added much to my life. Two of my favorite hymns are "How Great Thou Art" and "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing", as the words in these hymns expresses our gratitude to the LORD.

Your challenge is to make card that represents how worship through music touches your life. It could be something that represents a favorite hymn, a song of gratitude, your favorite type of music, anything along those lines, the field is wide open. Looking forward to your creations.


I have a drawer full of musical stamps and I reached for one of my favorites--a D. Morgan image that I just love. 


Here is the inside of my card using some musical washi tape and a note brad:

I hope Jody, along the others like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Imke is up for our December challenge and so be sure to check back to see what our scripture is.


Image/Sentiment: Stamps Happen ~ D. Morgan Gift Of Music


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive


Ink:  SU Early Espresso

Accessories:  SU Early Espresso 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon; Copic Markers; Corner Punch; Cuttlebug Musical Embossing Folder; Cello and musical note Brad; Musical Washi Tape on the inside



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Okay, this card settles it, Barb... you have the most amazing brads! Love your card... and that cello brad. WOW!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Love the layering and that fancy edge on the left!